Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 Days After Surgery



I had a good night.  After seeing my surgeon I signed the release papers and was on my way.  It was great to be home.  My Mom stocked the fridge with snacks I was eating in the hospital.... puddings, popsicles, juice, ice cream and yogurt.  To my surprise,  my weight is 154 lbs.  That is exactly what I weighed the night before surgery.  I expected to lose a lot of weight.  My surgeon said the average colon weighs about 6 pounds.  I was prepared for a big loss when I stepped on the scale.  I guess the constant snacking did the trick.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are home. You continue to amaze us all. We look forward to all of the good days ahead. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are home - having been reading your blog since Mandy told me about it. It sounds as though you have a great attitude - I knowyour mom will take great care of you.
    Linda Wright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris! April Herrin, I guess Shompers now, gave me the link to your blog. I am so glad that your surgery was a success and that you are back at home. I will try to stop by the next time I'm in Arlington. I hope you have a speedy recovery! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't lose weight after the loss of my colon too...6 lbs...mmmhhh...I think it's bs

    Guillaume

    ReplyDelete